Jennifer Brannock will be leading a virtual meeting about how we can move forward with archival reference and instruction in the coming months:
I thought it would be a great idea for Mississippi archivists/librarians to get together to talk about our ideas on these topics, since we may all have similar timelines for returning to the office.
Some of the topics we could talk about include:
* Are we going to reopen the reading room in the summer/fall? Will it be appointment only? Will masks be required?
* Are you planning on conducting instruction in the library, or will all instruction be online for the fall?
* What tools are you going to use if you are going to teach online?
* Is your lesson plan going to change for the sessions since it will be online?
* Will you have protective shields for people in service areas?
The meeting will be online on June 11 at 10:00am CST. Registration is required. To register, go to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScCbnguRsZYl1oDtV4qohwdtXcCnDfKbx0mhbvaZirmy9SbDQ/viewform.
On the form, there’s a space for anything you want to discuss. Please feel free to include all of the topics that interest you. I think we are all trying to figure things out, and I want this to be a place where we can try to figure things out together.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jennifer Brannock at Jennifer.Brannock@usm.edu.